[Openicc] CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:38:04 PST 2008

Hal,

Thank you for taking my remarks into account. Please be assured of one
thing though: Printer profiling is not the main issue holding up print
CMS on open source, because printer profiling is actually the last
link in a chain and is usually outsourced by end-users to domain
experts.

Repeatability and configurability of the toolchain are real issues;
repeatability is a real dealbreaker in an environment where the user
keeps swapping pieces.

As a color consultant I can tell you that the real issue is getting a
system into a state where you can run a profile; making the profile
takes some expensive equipment but very little effort.

Edmund