[Openicc] ALL YOU NEED IS A PROFILE, THE MYTH. (WAS CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin)

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 15:42:43 PST 2008

I fully concur. One necessity is to be able to force the backend *with
total certainty* into a known state in which non-regression tests can
be performed eg. by measuring known patchsets on known media. If the
system performance varies, the developers at least should know that,
and end-users would be warned that they need to reprofile. I am
willing to cooperate with anyone who works to create a test-suite.

Edmund