[Openicc] New options on the mainline

Lars Tore Gustavsen lars.tore at mulebakken.net
Thu Jan 24 09:43:21 PST 2008

> I just checked in code (to the mainline) that lets you dump out the
> LUT state, by means of the GIMP plugin or any other UI that lets you
> specify file parameters (the GIMP plugin didn't yet have the generic
> code for this, and more than half the code was just to make that
> work).
>
> Anyway, if you want to try the latest CVS, there's a new parameter
> called LUT Dump File.  If you specify this file, Gutenprint will
> create a dump file containing all the data.
>
> This dump file format isn't documented per se, but you should be able
> to figure it out (it's ASCII text).  This isn't production-ready by
> any means, but it may give you something to play with if you like.
>
> --
> Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

Thanks for this improvement.
When I printed from cinepaint with this new option I ended up with 7
curves. The 3 first is called brightness correction, contrast
correction and user color correction. All of them are linear.
Then there is four channels named channel 0-3. I guess this is what
I'm looking for, the individual cymk channels. What surprised me is
that they are equal shaped.
A plot is here.
http://ltgustavsen.googlepages.com/lutdump.png

And if anyone is interested, here is the dump file:
http://ltgustavsen.googlepages.com/lutdump.zip  It's quit big (1.2MB)
since all 7 curves have  16bit resolution.

The file ends with the sentence
GCR curve
so maybe I should have expected that this curve also was included?

Regards
Lars tore Gustavsen