[Openicc] Drop size calibration

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:07:24 PST 2008

   Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:54:56 -0600 (CST)
   From: Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us>

   On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

   > Well, it's true that this discussion has gone down a very specialized alley,
   > but it sprung up as a result of discussing how open source systems should
   > handle linearization and profiling of printers, which is well within the
   > OpenICC remit.

   If we were to bound the various topics in the relevant Venn diagrams,
   this lengthy discussion would not be bounded.  Notice that this
   mailing list is here to support freedesktop.org which has this stated
   purpose:

      "freedesktop.org is open source / open discussion software projects
       working on interoperability and shared technology for X Window
       System desktops. The most famous X desktops are GNOME and KDE, but
       developers working on any Linux/UNIX GUI technology are welcome to
       participate."

Well, there's also at least one printing-related list on
freedesktop.org.

As I said, I would be quite happy to host the discussion on
gimp-print-devel if people prefer.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton