[Openicc] KDE CMS [was: List Scope]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 02:40:22 PST 2008

Am 29.01.08, 10:22 +0100 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Back to desktop integration, it's clearly a lack of ressource, I know that
> > having a "KDE control center" module for color management configuration has
> > been on our TODO list for some time, but I must admit with a low priority.
> > Maybe we can focus this year google summer of code on that point ? There was
> > a proposed projects on the subject last year.
>

> That soc proposal was perhaps a little too generic. Perhaps this year we should
> propose one within the KDE project and make it at the same time more specific
> (color management kcm) and more generic: integration with kdelibs in one way
> or another.

Until spring I hope to have the Oyranos settings turned in a object style.
The current function set seemed a bit static to me.

The configuration will then become more generic in that it allowes to
register custom dialogs with a almost static set of widgets. For instance
CMM's can then provide individual settings like the more special flags of
lcms for instance.

I continue with the concept to require a implementation of a
native widget set according to the Oyranos abstract widget set and some
abstract layout requirements to render the Oyranos settings.