[Openicc] Drop size calibration

"Gerhard Fürnkranz" nospam456 at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 03:15:23 PST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:25:26 +0100 (CET)
> Von: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>
> An: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456 at gmx.de>
> CC: Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>, OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Betreff: Re: [Openicc] Drop size calibration

> I have the feeling there was a license issue (GPL).

You're obviously right. I'm a bit puzzled. The web page sais:

"An evaluation version of Even Toned Screening is available under the GNU GPL license for free download:

* ets-138.tar.gz"

And tar archive behind this link (http://www.levien.com/artofcode/eventone/ets-138.tar.gz) does indeed contain a copy of the GPL. But on the other hand the README sais

"This version of ETS is for commercial licensees and is governed by the
licensing agreement between artofcode LLC and the licensee. Please see
http://www.artofcode.com/eventone/ for information on licensing."

This contradiction should be better clarified with the author.

-Gerhard