[Openicc] List Scope

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Jan 29 07:58:18 PST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Hal V. Engel wrote:

> I agree 100%.  But for this to happen groups like X.Org, KDE and GNOME need to
> be involved and at present their involvement is limited or non-existant.

How can we attract some of these key folks to OpenICC?  It seems to me
that any GUI toolkit which is advanced enough to provide a standard
"color picker" widget should be advanced enough to also
usefully encapsulate color management in the interface.

When this list was originally created, there were some famous folks on
the list (e.g. Jim Gettys) who seem to have since left the list.  As
you say, we need involvement from Gtk+ and TrollTech/Qt as well as
other popular frameworks.  I just looked at the source code for the
latest Qt and see lots of sophisticated features there but nothing for
color management.

Bob