[Openicc] Questions about... QT and colormanagement

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Thu Jan 31 05:51:28 PST 2008

Hello Cyrill, hello list,
Did I understand, that QT is able e.g. to handle Images and
Vectorgraphics in the CMYK colorspace and to rasterize an esemble of
this objects to a CMYK bytemap file. (Same as for RGB).

Would it be e.g. possible to create some kind of " virtual output
device" for QT Which buffers the rasterized bytemap. For displaying the
virtual bytemap on the monitor, a source profile is assigned to the
bytemap and from this it will be transformed to the monitor profile.
For printing the bytemap, we would have a similar workflow.
For PDF export, the assigned profile would be embedded as PDF/X output
intent.

In Oyranos we could make e.g. different colorsettings, which define,
what source profile will be assigned to the virtual output device from
QT and the monitor profile. As littleCMS should be quite fast in
transformimg bytemaps, this could may be a way for adding some basic
colormanagement to QT and all applications, which are making use of the
graphics library from QT.

How much work would it be to realize such kind of basic colormanagement
on top of QT ?

By the way, are there any color pickers, which make use of the RGB, Gray
and CMYK colorspaces of QT ?

Regards
Jan-Peter

--