[Openicc] Drop size calibration

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:32:57 PST 2008

Basically, and instrument needs to calibrate, measure, and write ASCII
values to the ouput.

Why do we need this thing to be installable across multiple
distributions ? Create a small "virtual appliance" Linux box where the
binary driver works, and then distribute this virtual appliance to
people who can add a few wrappers to make it communicate with the
outside world - no X and no complicated software dependencies inside
the box.

My trust in a newly released hardware instrument is usually exactly
*zero* until I have tested it. Why should I trust an open-source
instrument driver that is not encapsulated  ? Guaranteeing output and
testing an instrument and its driver is the job of the hardware maker.

Edmund