[Openicc] Questions about ... CM for Displays

Chris Murphy chris at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 13 06:42:15 PST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 3:21 AM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:

> 3) Complex documents are presented in a window. But the objects have
> different profiles
> This must be colormanagemed by the application itself (e.g. Layout
> application or PDF viewer)

On this. I agree, BUT with strong reservations on developers writing
their own internal color management. Example, while Adobe ostensibly
uses ACE across their applications, in reality each application has
implemented color management differently and then pass the data to/
from ACE. This is not obvious to the user, except through the end
result. It's possible to get upwards of 2-3% differences *per
channel* in color conversions between the applications when using the
exact same source/destination profiles and rendering intents and CMM.