[Openicc] Questions to ... Oyranos and Gutenprint

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Fri Feb 15 08:30:24 PST 2008

Hello,
Fine to hear, that there is a central place for LCMS, which are the CM
aware LINUX apps are using and there is also a mechanism in development,
that - via Oyranos - a CM aware LINUX app. can get the information which
monitor profile is active.

Now, a very intersting question is, if its possible to install for
colormanagement to the printer with Gutenprint a comparable mechanism.
Would following workflow be possible.
- Defining printer settings in Gutenprint (printer, ink, paper,
,inerization, rasterization...)
- assigning a printer profile to the setting
- If a printer setting is activated in Gutenprint, the printer profile
will be communicated through oyranos
- The colormanagement for the printout is made by the application, but
there is no need to setup manually the printer profile in the application

Regards
Jan-Peter

--
***********   Neue Adresse / new adress   ************