[Openicc] 2008 Google SoC preparations

almccart at lexmark.com almccart at lexmark.com
Mon Mar 3 09:15:22 PST 2008

Dear Kai-Uwe,

We expect to have discussions that result in specs and recommendations to
OS vendors, to people who write device drivers, etc., so that the
automation of ICC color management improves through better interactions
between the platforms and the device vendors.  This is just starting now -
so there is not yet much posted on this. We have had some email exchanges
and the presentation materials from the Munich meeting will be posted on
the ICC members only website.

If an OpenICC person became a member of the ICC AWWG then that person
would have the choice to contribute proposals to the discussions or to
just listen. The ICC operates through a combination of email discussion
and work getting done at the meetings.

Best regards,
Ann McCarthy
Lexmark CPD
Imaging Systems Engineering

"Problems can never be solved by using the same pattern of thought which
created them." - Einstein

Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>
03/03/2008 11:59 AM
Please respond to
OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>

almccart at lexmark.com
cc
OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject
Re: [Openicc] 2008 Google SoC preparations

Dear Ann,

what would ICC expect from joining the sessions?
Are there already according papers online to follow the discussions?

Am 03.03.08, 11:28 -0500 schrieb almccart at lexmark.com:
> Dear Kai-Uwe and all,
>
> At the ICC meeting just completed in Munich we initiated a new WG
> (Automated Workflow WG) to focus on getting automated color management
> working for the average office and home user.
> This is an even greater issue now than in the past because cameras and
> displays are moving away from the sRGB default. We expect this work will

> result in specifications beyond the ICC profile.
>
> The ICC now has a WG level of membership available for individuals.
Would