[Openicc] Cairo colour space binding

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 05:18:30 PDT 2008

Cairo takes part in the GSoC programm.
http://cairographics.org/summerofcode/ideas/

One idea is to integrate colour management.

How fine grained would the control over colour spaces and objects be
desireable? Probably this was already discussed on this list, just I had
not the link at hand. So I apologise in advance.

* just one colour space, expect all input as being in blending colour
  space (Rgb)
* one colour space per object allowed, convert on request to a internal
  blending colour space

Allow for defining output colour spaces, seems a no brainer or rather
necessary for e.g. PDF.

As previous discussions went along with calling directly to lcms, it seems
not problematic to suggest the Oyranos CMM framework instead. Per default
it would call lcms as well, but that can be changed. Given Oyranos CMM's
can be created to wrap ColorSync or WCS it seems rather easy too decide.
It is just to consider.