[Openicc] Some questions about ICC Profiles in X

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Thu Nov 5 15:09:10 PST 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>:
>> Note there might still be problems with not well behaving XRandR driver side
>> implemetations.
>
> Sure, which we can fix when they are discovered. Thanks again for your help.

There are rough patches. Just discovered recently is that some of the
XRandR calls don't seem to handle an X Error correctly, which is
what happens when the server advertises it has XRandR but the
videocard driver doesn't. This flows through OK with xlib, but
triggers an assert if you're using xcb as your client libraries.