[Openicc] ICC Profiles in X Specification 0.4

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Thu Mar 25 23:01:46 PDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 2:27 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:

>  I'm currently providing a
> simple DBus server to get this kind of information easily if an
> application wants to do early color binding. In that way, applications
> get a filename from a simple window XID, rather than having to work
> out what Xinerama output they are on (or mostly on) and then to get a
> property from the root window.

Is this going to be an issue with the standard remote X11 situation? For example, the majority of my development time of late has been spent sitting at an Apple laptop running OS X (needing a decent mail client is one reason I don't dual-boot into Linux as much), often running with either an external LCD monitor or an HDTV hooked up as a second display. When I hear "filename", I suddenly see my setup come to a screeching halt.