[Openicc] PPD colouring

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Wed Aug 18 05:41:39 PDT 2010

We've been trying to convince printer manufactures to support the inclusion
of one or more profiles into a PPD for YEARS, but they are unwilling to do
so for a variety of reasons - from moving things away from their
"proprietary color management solutions" to giving away trade secrets to
lack fo flexibility.

So Adobe would fully support such an effort - but any work you do is going
to have to happen through the modification of such PPD's AFTER the fact and
without the support of the actual printer vendors.

Leonard