[Openicc] shared-color-profiles issues [was: new/old ICC profile package]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Aug 31 03:23:11 PDT 2010

Am 31.08.10, 11:06 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 31 August 2010 10:11, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Just the name and hosting is somewhat open.
>
> It sounds like you're already decided and intent on pushing it as a
> package, so you might as well do it. With shared-icc-profiles I was
> intending to have a *coherent* set of profiles, and this included
> things like making the Titles The Correct Case and making the other
> descriptions more sane. Just dropping random profiles found on the
> internet into a disted project gives you a GUI that sucks hard.

I understand your intention for making a coherent set. However silently
ignoring the intention of the profile authors is inadequate to reach that
goal. The canonical way is to keep the profiles hash as is or fork which
is allowed with all those profiles.

As the package would have to change significantly, its shurely easier to
continue with a OpenICC profile set. We can of course discuss to include
profiles you are interessted in. The package is pretty modular, read one
RPM per original vendor.

So a light wight Cmyk profile and some Argyll profiles seems candidates?