[Openicc] 0.9.0 release of IccXML

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Sep 13 11:33:36 PDT 2010

Am 13.09.10, 12:19 -0600 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> I was just thinking, in case it's not obvious, that the MD5 checksum should probably be stripped when converting from ICC profile format (binary), to the XML variant. And then when converted back to ICC profile format, the MD5 needs to be recomputed from scratch.
>
> Yes?
>
> Chris Murphy

Ideally it would perfectly round trip. So a md5 hash could remain as is in
case of no XML edit. After editing of a XML profile, the binary profile
needs of course to get "fixed".

I think it would as well make sense development wise. The round trip of
various ICC profiles would be a nice test case to check the basic
implementation.