[Openicc] Assigning ICC profiles to pinter driver settings part 2

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Wed Jan 19 16:13:43 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de
> wrote:

> The PDF2Raster engine would render all individual objects colors including
> transparencies to a flat raster file and embeds the output intent into the
> raster file.

Except that none of the current raster image formats support the equivalent
of an "OutputIntent".

There is a proposal that's been floating around TC130 from the Japanese
about adding one to TIFF(/IT) and I (and Adobe) have been quite supportive
of it - however, there has been dispute over HOW to do it.  The Japanese
want to put it in the EXIF metadata and we want to put it in a new TIFF tag.
 Once (if) that gets resolved, then you would have a standard you could hang
your solution on.

OR we could just all agree, implement it, and tell the Japanese how it's
done ;).

Leonard