[Openicc] meta data in test chart

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jan 21 17:59:59 PST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:

>> Roll paper may need to invoke special code for the cutter maybe?
>
> It does, but I don't see why the user needs a different recipe for
> printing to roll paper than to sheet paper.  You select roll or sheet,
> the driver does the right thing.

This is actually a really interesting question, and I'm not sure that there is necessarily a one size fits all answer. In many cases for Epson, their cut sheet media is produced by a different company than their roll media, of the same name. So not all luster paper is actually produced the same way, even though the visual appearance of the surface is virtually identical. The color behaviors will be slightly different. They're still quite similar but because of this, I maintain separate profiles for cut sheet and roll media of the same name for otherwise identical driver settings.

I have no data demonstrating how common this is with Epson, let alone other paper manufacturers.