[Openicc] Communication between Printer Driver and Oyranos
ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 02:25:03 PST 2011
Am 24.01.11, 10:35 +0100 schrieb edmund ronald:
> O, so Miss-User is changing the paper from A6 Toiletart to A5
> Extrabsorba; she has settings and a profile for Toiletart, and wants
> to base her Extrabsorba settings on Toiletart, experiment to get the
> right ink settings, profile, and change paper settings, and then make
> everything available to all users. Can you describe the interface
That greatly depends on tools outside the scope of Oyranos CMS itself.
In the following I just imagine how it could work with Photoprint.
* Miss-User selects the A6 profile in Photoprint.
* Photoprint switches all settings, which it can find inside the A6 ICC
profile meta tag and has the settings part done. Oyranos can help in
parsing the ICC profiles meta tag.
* Then she selects to print out a target and switches colour mangaement
off. The setting known through the Oyranos module to be related to
colour are dumped out to a extra file along the target.
* Miss-User prints and measures the target on the new A5 paper.
* Miss-User feeds the profiler with the target data, the measurements and
the dumped settings file from Photoprint and creates a new ICC profile.
* The ICC profile is ready to get shared without any further needed info.
* Photoprint will be able to switch all settings with the new profile as
it has done above already.
developing for colour management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org
----------- 8< ----------------------
More information about the openicc