[Openicc] LINUX Graphic Libraries / PDF render with CMYK support ?

Peter Linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Wed Jan 26 09:08:41 PST 2011

On 01/26/2011 04:34 PM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Is it correct, that LINUX graphic libraries like e.g. CAIRO still don´t
> support CMYK color definitions ?
>
> Is it correct, that currently the one and only opensource (PDF)
> rendering engine supporting CMYK is GhostScript ?
>

> Thanks
> Jan-Peter

Hi,
Well rendering CMYK on screen can be done inside apps like Scribus,
Krita etc. if they are color managed of course. Cairo natively does not
support CMYK, but we have discussed this with the developers and it
would not be impossible and indeed on their wish list. As they said, it
is simply a matter of someone wanting to step and add the code.

You can also display CMYK via ghostscript's gsx eg

gsx -sDEVICE=x11cmyk8 /home/mrdocs/bugs/logo1a.eps

HTH<
Peter