[Openicc] project ideas 2011

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Feb 4 09:40:33 PST 2011

Am 04.02.11, 10:29 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 4 February 2011 09:48, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> The OpenICC wiki page to collect ideas is open[2]. As usual I stripped all
>> unknowns. Feel free to readd them if still actual.
>
> Can I also add proposals for projects based on GCM and colord?

IMO it would be good to concentrate on projects around integration of
Oyranos and colord + some other project.

* work on synchronising settings over a event mechanism
* neutral measurement driver API (Native display profiling)
* net-color spec enabled window managers and related stuff
* web repository and API for ICC device profiles

Some annotations:
"GNOME desktop color management integration" appear redundant, as GIMP,
darktable and inkscape use already the _ICC_PROFILE in X spec.

"Better gamut graphs" is specific to GCM, where the last years project
"ICC Examin Library" could be continued to be of benefit to more
projects. I think the former should be merged with the later.

[2] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc/GoogleSoC2011