[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:28:50 PST 2011

On 27 February 2011 22:05, Alastair M. Robinson
<blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk> wrote:
> You can't detect in software which type of paper is loaded in my printer.  I
> have several types of glossy paper and a couple of satins, and I tend to use
> identical print settings between them - yet they require distinct profiles.
>  User-intervention of some kind is required in that situation.

Sure, I guess this is a use-case that I've not included. In this
instance, in the printing dialog maybe we can call colord and ask how
many profiles there are for a given qualifier and device-id, and if
more than one exact match then we show a dropdown. In the typical case
(one profile for each media type), I don't think a dropdown is a good
idea.

Richard.