[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux gets into distros

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Fri Mar 4 02:56:00 PST 2011

I have no idea what you have put in your head... I will just state this to
avoid anyone misinterpretting it "Krita does not remove any ICC metadata when
saving a document".

On Wednesday 02 March 2011, Chris Murphy wrote:
> It's a matter of perspective. Color fidelity is important. Applications
> that drop color metadata or perform unnecessary/improper conversions
> shouldn't be used by people who care about color fidelity. The problem is
> that it only takes one sabotaging application touching an image to totally
> make color management pointless, no matter how innocent.
>
> If a color space has already been set for a document in an application, I
> don't see why that isn't preserved in PDF or print. Why convert to sRGB?
> That's more effort than simply preserving what's there.

Because in the current state of the printing stack it will causes more harm to
use the document profile. We even have people who get confused because most
image viewer don't use the profile and the image looks different than in
Krita.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott