[Openicc] Helping with colord

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Mar 6 23:21:26 PST 2011

Am 07.03.11, 06:11 +0300 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On 3/7/11, Andrzej Nowicki wrote:
>> 2.   As colord is obsoleting oyranos will there be any integration work
>> alongside other such softwares?

How do you come to the conclusion that Oyranos would be obsolete? Any
reference?

> You know, we have quite enough of anti-RedHat nonsense in this list

Given the way how RedHat is represented here on list, that impression
comes at no surprise - unfortunedly. We all here have loved much better
cooperation. The initial response to GCM was quite positive.

> already. Spilling even more oil into the fire is something we could do
> without. Colord doesn't oboslete Oyranos. Period.

Confirmed, many features are missed in colord regarding device
configuration in comparision to Oyranos. And some fundamental different
ideas are on colord's and Oyranos' roadmap.
That said colord could easily sit on top of Oyranos. The other way around
appears not possible to me at the moment.