[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Helping with colord

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:41:32 PST 2011

A modded version of this instrument that could compete with Huey would
cost about $8 to fabricate in China - I got quotes.
Prototypes cost me Euro 60 each to make by hand and assemble and test
in the center of Paris (!).
Add marketing, packaging, software development, after sales and 50%
retail margins, and you get the retail price of a calibrator.

With another (cheap) mod my design should be fairly precise, much
better than Huey. However, if I really wanted to  go low-price there
are alternatives; very low cost calibrations is perfectly feasible and
this is the reason why I never continued my design - I would prefer to
make a product at a much lower price point even if accuracy were
lower.

Edmund