[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Helping with colord

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:33:19 PST 2011

Chris,

 As usual, you have hit the nail on the head, colorimeters are not
going to be much fun when the primaries are spiky and unknown.
 I knew this when I did my colorimeter design.
 But I think a low-cost spectro will not be very happy with spiky LEDs either.
 I think the only really reliable way to measure a color LED backlight
panel is probably a really good high-end filter instrument.. There is
an ex-east german company which I believe has an accessible
colorimeter with "real cone" RGB filters.

Edmund