[Openicc] Is OpenICC applying for the Google Summer of Code 2011?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:37:26 PST 2011

On 03/08/2011 02:20 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 3/8/11, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to ask whether OpenICC will participate in this year's GSoC. I am
>> applying for the Linux Foundation and in the application form one can
>> vouch for a smaller org. I could perhaps do so for you.
>
> Well, http://freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc/GoogleSoC2011 exists and
> list one or two new ideas (at least Mutter one is new), so the answer
> is probably "yes". I haven't yet figured out how this new vouching
> thing works. Does it mean a bigger org guarantees to provide mentors
> and do administration?
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

I think the bigger org only gives good words to tell Google that the
smaller org is important and should be accepted as org for the GSoC.

I would very much like to have OpenICC in the GSoC, as it brings us
forward with getting color management into the distributions and so
raise print quality. Especially with all the discussion about printing
here on the list, you will probably have also some printing-related
programming tasks which you could add to your ideas list.

    Till