[Openicc] VMs and display correcotions

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Wed Mar 9 12:53:35 PST 2011

Chris Murphy wrote:

> it's running on. And then for remote display - I haven't even attempted it. I don't
> know what software is used. Is it typically just another copy of that VM software and a
> VNC like connection is established?

There's VNC, and then there's more elegant schemes like X11 and Citrix (which is like
a Windows version of X11). I don't think any of them are particularly color aware,
although X11 can work well if the VideoLUT setting is supported by the driver.
The ICC profile should work remotely since (by convention) it's stored in an Atom.
(Assuming an application follows the convention!). I haven't played with Citrix,
so I'm not sure if they have implemented Microsofts color remotely or not.