[Openicc] Manual profiling

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Apr 6 15:25:35 PDT 2011

Even if we set aside populating a display's LUT with arbitrary data, it would be nice to have standard commands for brightness, contrast, white point presets, and resting the display. The lack of controlling these things from our computer, and having to use a 1990 style on-screen display just seems very user hostile and not in the best interest of any display manufacturer. These interfaces are marginally better than what we get with VCR menus earlier in the last decade. My television has a better menu system than computer displays. I really would like to be able to avoid experiencing a different wheel every time I encounter a display.

Chris