[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and Color Management

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Tue May 3 14:29:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Ann McCarthy <almccart at lexmark.com> wrote:
> So you are proposing that 'ink settings' are one of the printer setup
> characteristics that exist in a workflow data container, and then also can
> be pulled into a profile as it is built using the particular ink settings.
>
> How about a function that supports "selectively initialize the printer setup
> for this new profile - including ink settings -- from this x existing
> profile"?

I would respectfully suggest an alternative, namely a set of
command-line accessors that can embed (with substitution) and extract
ink settings from an "enriched profile". These command-line tools
could then be deployed to create the enriched system profiles,
whatever the profiling system used, and indeed profiling could easily
be done on another system:

addinkset <input-xml-inkset-file> <input-profile.icc>
<output-enriched-profile.icc>
getinkset <input-enriched-profile.icc> <output-inkset-xml-file>

Edmund