[Openicc] Color Management for Ubuntu

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed May 4 12:00:48 PDT 2011

Am 04.05.11, 12:42 -0600 schrieb Chris Murphy:

> This is helpful.
>
> Is this compitz plugin something that can be widely used by all desktop environments? Or are we just talking about Gnome and KDE for now?

Compiz can basically be used in KDE and Gnome as a selectable compositing
and window manager. In my opinion it would make sense to join KWin's,
mutter's and the Compiz' compositing engines. KWin and mutter could then
be implemented inside Compiz. But typical these projects have problems in
sharing code. Reinventing the wheel again and again seems cool ;-)

After the next Oyranos release I would like, among other projects, to
abstract out some of the plug-in functionality into libXcm. libXcm targets
at delivering some basic functionality and helpers for display colour
management. That should help KWin, mutter and other projects to easier
support the net-color spec.