[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and Color Management

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed May 4 15:44:31 PDT 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 1:26 PM, Ann McCarthy wrote:

> <amc>  which perceptual intent ;)

Yes, small problem.  But presently the user is only presented with the notion there is one perceptual intent. What they get, is what they get, even if behind the scene there are differences depending on versions of ICC profile and combinations of them. So I'm referring to "perceptual" being what they'd get by default in contrast to MRC or ICCAbsCol or Saturation.

> <amc> if we abstract to the what am I trying to accomplish level and then provide a default something like 'system knows best' -- then 'Advanced' does not have to be limited to technical gurus.

I am fine with calling it "More Options" rather than "Advanced" in this case. But not every application (or developer) will want or need their app to even have such More Options optionally available to the user. They may want a very stripped down UI, even if it's plain language based, more options means more consideration, more UI space, more clutter, more brain cells having to process those options. So I'm reluctant to make them available unless they're really needed.

Chris