[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:28:05 PDT 2011

Chris,

 Maybe I find devicespace to be really useful to have around as a working
space.

-  retouch in the printer space is a habit I fell into for my exhibition
prints.
-  When printing with Gutenprint I find I often prepare files on a Mac, use
Photoshop to do color conversions, and then move the file onto Linux *just*
for the final print which is thus made as if the print were a target.
- I I always have countless small problems with targets, want to move them
around on the paper or legend them so I remember what they are. These mods
are best done in the GUI with the same type of app that is usually employed
for layout and printing.

 Look, you may have a different workflow, and you can have a special target
printing app for all I care; I would like to be able to print my targets
from the GIMP.

 Last, not least, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO PRINT TARGETS FROM A REMOTE
SYSTEM, by declaring my intentions for that print queue. At the moment, for
CUPS, this *should* be possible.

Edmund