[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and Color Management

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed May 4 19:13:37 PDT 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 8:07 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> On Wed, 4 May 2011 19:55:49 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> For inkjet printers, it's a balancing act for cost of fixing a
>> non-ideal black ink in effect with UCA. Again, in my view that's the
>> domain of the driver developer, not the user. Now maybe there's a
>> use case where the user has a slider from "economy black" to "darker
>> black".
>
> Agree given this caveat.  But remember that I'm a driver developer :-)

Yeah fine, for you it's not rocket science and you understand the issues. I'm disinclined to involve users in decisions when they lack sufficient knowledge to make a decision.

A tax form probably can be printed a light brown and the government isn't going to get too pissy about it. I would think. In any event, a text document doesn't go through an ICC profiling print path - it's something else. Either black only. Or presentation of a user selectable "economy black" to "darker black" option.