[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: opensource and ICC licenses

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:17:40 PDT 2011

WTF? *I* am the person who will initially be releasing the profiles for
distribution, and *I* will be writing the license to those profiles (as the
software author does not claim any) and *I* intend to GPL or creative
commons license any profiles for distribution with Gutenprint. Or any
another license you like, eg.BSD.

Anyone else who wants to crowdsource profiles with Argyll are welcome to do
the same.

Here is the profile license clause for Argyll, taken from
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllDoc.html
-------
"Note that unlike many commercial ICC profiling tools, the profiles created
using Argyll, are not subject to any claims or restrictions of Argyll's
author(s), but are assumed to be the copyright property of the person who
gathers the characterization data, and causes the profiles to be created."
------

Edmund