[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu May 5 07:34:58 PDT 2011

Chris,

 You call this an opt-out, I call it the "advanced features workflow". If we
don't make it a standard -but mostly hidden- feature, everyone will leave it
out, targets will need to be printed from command line, this means complex
target layouts will become hell, and the initial profiling of devices will
take x*times as long.

 I repeat, I for one will NOT be printing targets (or anything else) from
the command line. I have spent 35 years of my life with computers, I may be
an idiot but I do have a Ph.D which implies a whole lot of programming and
experience of the command line, and I do not repeat NOT intend to print
graphics from the command line. Someone else can do that, you can for all I
care.

Edmund