[Openicc] smolt, EDID collection

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu May 5 08:25:07 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:

> On 5 May 2011 16:13, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>> Is this being done with smolt now? Can it be done?
>
> It's not being done at the moment, but it could certainly be added
> pretty easily. I could be wrong, but IIRC smolt is quite unmaintained
> upstream.

Yeah and just collecting a pile of data isn't that interesting. We'd need some filtration to elimination weird ancient junk, e.g. anything older than 2008.

And in any event we end up with something that is not a scientific sample. For all I know, most of the data collected by smolt may be people who are running a Linux distro because they are using weird ancient junk and Linux makes it run faster.