[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon May 9 02:38:19 PDT 2011

Ok, here is a use case:

 I am a hobby photographer, or an art printing service house.
 I get in some  new heavy Acme media which looks nice but looks like it will
soak up more ink than what I am using.
 I set the CPD to "Epson Heavy Matte" and indeed when it prints with the
associated profile black is not yet really black.
 So I go to the "advanced" CPD tab, increase density, save the setting back
out under "Acme Super Heavy Matte", and print a profile target, check that
on target blacks are black, run a profile, use the advanced CPD to associate
the profile with the new settings, and now "Acme Super Heavy Matte" can be
used without complication from the "simple printing" tab of the CPD.

Edmund