[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing (Michael Sweet)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat May 14 17:36:00 PDT 2011

On May 14, 2011, at 5:54 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

> Richard -
>
>  I don't think Chris or Mike care about *you* - or about me, or about Scott or... or... they care about some hypothetical user.
>  The interesting thing is that Chris and zillions of other Apple users are making Adobe very rich, and Adobe lives off apps which have a VERY steep learning curve. In other words, we have a multi-billion dollar corp who is the real elephant in this room.

Without Adobe, ICC based workflows would be dead. With Adobe, ICC workflows are not quite on life support.

And the Adobe Color Printing Utility is free so they aren't making any money of this app. My complaint about it is that Apple and Microsoft should have written their own.

But I am curious how I've made Adobe rich. I haven't heard that one before.