[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and ... Mike Sweet workflow

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sun May 15 20:02:42 PDT 2011

Chris Murphy wrote:
> I definitely don't want to see users printing targets from OpenOffice. It's completely
> unreasonable to assume some random application does not implement color management
> internally, regardless of what a CPD says is happening.

True, but this is exactly the point. If the color processing for each
application is different and inscrutable, how can a test chart be
reliably printed from any application ?

In contrast, if the standard print processing and print dialogs
have a standard and routinely tested method for printing
in device space, then any and every application could be used
for reliably printing a test target.

[I do like the idea of this facility being a programmer option though,
  allowing the complexity to be tailored to the intended application
  audience.]