[Openicc] Printing targets: App or driver ?

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon May 16 06:03:23 PDT 2011

Hello list, hello Edmund,
If the Gutenprint CMYK profile is applied in pdftoraster e.g.
GhostScript as target profile, the print spool format can still be PDF
DeviceRGB as it is today.

GhostScript will take this data, uses its default sRGB-profile as source
profile and converts to the target CMYK-profile.
Gutenprint gets optimized CMYK for the approbiate driver-setting.

I don´t see any need to make RGB-profiles for Gutenprint for a color
manages print path.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--