[Openicc] cupsICC on remote CUPS servers Part 2

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri May 20 08:21:17 PDT 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 1:14 AM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> - Is this is workflow-proposal, which makes sense for a color managed print path with remote CUPS servers from your point of view ?

On Mac OS X we actually embed the destination color profile in the PDF file's output intent to ensure that the server a) has the profile (which may be a locally-installed/registered color profile...) and b) uses the correct profile (rather than only the auto-selected one).

However, that does not address the "print from the command-line" use case - right now we always use the default profile for the selected options when printing on the server.