[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management in a distro?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:28:07 PDT 2011

On 31 May 2011 18:54, Alastair M. Robinson <blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk> wrote:
> So does that mean you're going back to using a Ghostscript-based
> pdftoraster, or are you still going to be using Poppler?

Well, in Fedora we've always been using ghostscript and a ps based
workflow. I'm intending to work with Tim this cycle and convert it to
a pdf based workflow.

As to using poppler, I'm not sure. I assume poppler installs a filter
into CUPS like gstoraster? If so, that needs patching to contact
colord just like gstoraster does, on the assumption poppler can now
handle external ICC output profiles. I'm quite happy to do the work if
this is the case.

Richard.