[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management ... Rendering INtent

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue May 31 14:02:39 PDT 2011

Hello Richard and all,
So far as I know, 99,9 % of the PDF spool file under LINUX are currently
deviceRGB encoded containing no information for rendering intents.

In this case, the Default Rendering Intent of gstoraster will be used.
Please make shure, that this is either perceptual or relative
colorimetric with blackpoint compensation (if supported from GhostScript).

 From the implementation level, it would be much easier to change per
document the rendering intent in GhostScript, than to update the
toolkits for pdf print spool file generation and the applications which
are triggering the print spool file generation...

I would like to see in CPD an "Adcanced Option" which allows the user to
set the Intent used in gstoraster as default INtent.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------