[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management ... driver setup PPD

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Wed Jun 1 06:22:57 PDT 2011

Hi Jan-Peter,

The embedding of the data's profile into the raster format is something that
should be in place by the next release of ghostscript in August (9.03) .  I
have an open enhancement request for this for the TIFF, JPEG and PNG output
devices of ghostscript.    A similar thing could be done for the CUPs
device, which I believe is the device used for gstoraster.   However, I am
not familiar with where or how the data is packed into the CUPs raster.

My plan is to add in a new device parameter that can be set on the command
line to indicate if the profile should or should not be embedded.   I need
to decide what the default behavior should be (i.e. to embed or not) .

Michael