[Openicc] What is exactly needed: Embedded Profile in CUPS raster !!

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Wed Jun 1 07:46:30 PDT 2011

Hello Mike and all:
For synchronizing colormanagement in  CUPS "..toraster" and the driver,
it would be extremely helpful, if the target profile of an ICC based
color transformtion in CUPS "..toraster" could be embedded into the CUPS
raster file.
This would allow e.g. rastertogutenprint to extract driver settings from
the embedded profile to maintain, that printing is always done with the
same setting the profile has been generated for.

My question:
How fast is it possible to extend the CUPS specifcation to allow
embedding of an ICC in CUPS-raster format like in TIFF, JPEG or PNG ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------