[Openicc] What is exactly needed: Embedded Profile in CUPS raster !!

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Mon Jun 6 16:49:10 PDT 2011

Chris Murphy wrote:
> As for including ICC in the name of anything, I think it means nothing to 99% of users.
> So that makes it clutter for mortal users.

That may be true, but by not using it, you are failing to give them a tool to
understand what's going on. It's a key word. Yes they would have to learn it,
but once they do they can use it to start making sense out of the color
management landscape.

[ie. not introducing such simple technical terms is really treating them like
  babies. That sort of patronising gets kind of annoying if you're trying to
  understand things.]