[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:07:24 PDT 2011

On 17 June 2011 15:01, Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de> wrote:
> So far as I know, we have still an unsolved issue to synchronize the printer
> ICC-profile with the driversettings.

Right. The only thing that colord supports right now is the qualifier,
like ColorSync.

> My proposed idea to embedd the driver settings as metadata in the printer
> ICC-profile and than to embedd the printer ICC-profil into the output of
> CUPS ..toraster, so that e.g. "rastertogutenprint" can extract the
> driversettings from the rasterfile to print would be not supported by the
> CUPS team / Michael Sweet.

At what point do you write the meta tags into the ICC profile? What
kind of thing would the properties contain? I've got a feeling these
would be better saved as colord extended metadata (saved in a sqlite
database and added to the DBus interface) rather than into the profile
itself.

> Richard, do you think it would make sense, if colord could communicate with
> Gutenprint like it communicates with GhostScript ?

I think it makes more sense for Gutenprint to talk to colord, rather
than the other way around.

Richard.